CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
As the Cost Modeler – Sheet Metal, Casting, and Machined Parts you will perform technical cost analyses of various off-highway vehicle components including assemblies and developing cost models. The Cost Modeling is a highly disciplined and engineered simulation of product cost, and it generates Should-Cost estimates for the new product developments and current product improvements. The Cost Models and Should-Cost estimates are used in decision support for a variety of disciplines: purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing.
• The Cost Modeler’s main responsibility is to set up cost models and to provide Should-Cost estimates of Ag/CE vehicle components for the various CNH Industrial programs.
• Perform cost simulations of new and modified “Metallic” parts. Typical types of parts are sheet metal parts, welded assemblies, various cast and machined parts, forged parts, etc.
• Provide comparative or preliminary cost estimation to engineering and cost managers during the concept development phase.
• Provide production intent estimates that include all aspects of manufacturing processes, including but not limited to welding, machining, casting, forming, painting, and assembly.
• Provide Tooling Cost estimates.
• The candidate must be aware of rapidly changing market trend to develop, validate, and maintain cost models and cost management tools: set-up of libraries, standards, and parameters in Costimator, aPriori, and other CNH Industrial internal cost estimation tools.
• Provide technical Subject Matter Expert, SMC, guidance to design engineers during Design Reviews.
• Support Purchasing with detailed cost breakdowns for side-by-side cost analysis with supplier quotes. The candidate must be able demonstrate manufacturing experience to aid in successful negotiation with suppliers.
• Lead cost reduction & cost avoidance activities.
• Establish / bring inside best-practices for technology / processes & tooling.
The annual salary for this role is $97,000-$139,000 plus applicable bonus. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors such as skill, experience, and qualifications for the role.
Compensation & Benefits: CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities. Click here for more information!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
• 6 or more years of experience in mechanical product design, product costing, manufacturing of metallic components (sheet metal, welded assembly, casting, or forging), and VA/VE responsibilities.
• In-depth understanding of product cost accounting, including financial basics of overhead, fixed and variable cost, setup, efficiency, margin, simple payback, and cash flow analysis.
• Effective oral and written communication skill is must.
• Good analytical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
• Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to internal and external customers.
• Capable of driving collaboration through respect, openness, and accountability.
• Demonstrated execution excellence in a global matrix organization environment.
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Software Powered by iCIMS